Stop by the Forum post to join in the discussion: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-ars-magica-v545004-updated-march-25/#entry18102676 Stop by the Forum post to join in the discussion: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1486184-ars-magica-v545004-updated-march-25/#entry18102676
A look into what Minecraft could be with a splash of magic...
Ars Magica is a trademark of Atlas Games, used with permission. Any spell names and other material adapted from the Ars Magica fantasy roleplaying game are used with permission. For more information, visit www.atlas-games.com.
Read the full Copyright Notice
The following features are already implemented and working:
- Over 70 unique and highly scripted spells that change the way you play the game.
- A completely new and unique power system that is weird and creepy but awesome, called Essence
- A way to convert items into others based on their essence values
- A complete magic level up system
- Full SMP Support
- 1.5.x compatibility
- A new flying Pathfinding engine that supports long range pathing
- New unique mobs
- Structure Generation
- A focus on teamwork and exploration
- Four full new sets of armor
- An armor system called Infusionater on.
- Different spell types: Self, Target, Touch, Block, Cone, AoE, Channeled, and Summon
- Several new AI tasks and behaviours
See more in Upcoming Features
Recent Balance Changes / New Additions / Bug Fixes
- Lectern won't drop book in adventure mode
- Fixed book duplication bug with Lectern
- Summons Target by Team
- lower damage of electrocute
- lower damage of jolt
- fix cooldowns
- increased cooldown on Invisibility to 20 seconds
- added a 3 second cooldown to drown and jolt
- increased the mana cost of jolt
- increased the mana cost of drown
- removed the reagent requirement for augmented drown
- added an ancillary effect to drown - if the target is in water, they get an instantaneous pull downwards in addition to the damage, but there is no duration.
- significantly increased the damage of fire rune
- added a 20 second cooldown to fire rune
- added a 5 second cooldown to ice rune
- increased shockwave cooldown to 3.5 seconds
- added a 45 second cooldown to magic shield
- mobs are now registered using mod entity IDs. This should fix any entity ID conflicts.
- removed entity spawn eggs temporarily
- fix EOF exceptions
- Beta Auras now properly display on dedicated servers
- gateways properly chunk load now, a single chunk. More config to follow