From Ars Magica
|First Appear||Version 1|
|Type of Block||Interactive|
|Tool Used to Break||Axe|
|Data Values||Hex: *Need Info*|
Dec: *Need Info*
|Obeys Law of Physics?||No|
- Crafting an caster requires the following
Place the components in the following configuration:
The caster is a block that runs on Raw Essence to cast spells when powered by a redstone signal.
The caster requires a little bit of setup before it can be used. Once placed, it will require a source of Raw Essence. It will indicate that it is powered by the purple rods slowly spinning around the core.
In order to cast a spell, the caster needs at least one spell Focus. This is required to determine the Casting Mode that the caster will use. Lesser Focus will cast spells at a lower strength and lower mana cost, while a Greater Focus will cast spells at a higher strength.
The caster will cast its spell when powered with a redstone current. Depending on the type of Spell used, the redstone input will have to change slightly:
- Channeled Spells will cast as long as the block is powered
- Projectile Spells will cast once powered. The block needs the redstone signal to shut off and come back on before it will cast again.
- Self-Target Spells and Buffs will be converted to projectile spells, and the effect will be applied to whatever it hits. The block needs the redstone signal to shut off and come back on before it will cast again.
- Block-target Spells will cast on the space directly in front of the caster.
Spell mana cost translates directly into the essence cost from the block's reserves before being modified by Foci in order to determine if the spell can be cast.
If a spell is not compatible with a caster block, it will not do anything.
Certain spells require Mana Foci in order to get around the mana cost being higher than the caster's capacity.
By default, the caster will charge itself back up to full once it falls below 50% power. However, if the spell's modified cost is higher than 50% of the total capacity, the charge threshold will be changed so that the minimum amount of power the caster needs is 100% - [Spell Mana Cost], ensuring it doesn't fall into a state where it does not have enough essence to cast, but also isn't at the point where it will not charge.
- Charge Focus - increases the rate that this block receives essence. Multiplicative stacking.
- Mana Focus - reduces the essence cost to cast each spell. Multiplicative stacking.
- Lesser Focus - causes the caster to cast as if using the Diminished Casting Mode.
- Focus - causes the caster to cast as if using the Normal Casting Mode. Overrides any Lesser Focus that may be in the caster.
- Greater Focus - causes the caster to cast as if using the Augmented Casting Mode. Overrides any Lesser Focus or Focus that may be in the caster.